Thursday 5 March 2009

I looked out the window and saw SNOW!

It still makes me feel like an 8 year child when I look out the window in the morning and see snow.


Just for a moment everyday cares and troubles are brushed aside by the luxuriant covering of pristine white snow. I check for footprints, I want to be the first, even the only person to make a mark on this new and transient environment.


Today I had some errands to run first thing in the morning and so I drove in the snow. What was so beautiful and white was quickly turning into a grey and watery slush but since I had a camera in the car I took a couple of pictures. The driveway in the picture leads to Montacute House near Yeovil in Somerset. It is owned by the National Trust and is open to visitors during the summer. You don't often see it covered in snow though.


No comments:

Post a Comment