Monday 9 March 2009

Busy on a new web page


I've been busy over the weekend revamping one of my web sites. In this case it's www.gift4life.co.uk (my main one is www.gift4life.com). The site used to have just a simple redirect to the .com address but I figured I was probably losing some traffic by not having something a bit more search engine friendly; but I have another reason to make the change as well.

I recently overheard a bank teller ask a man if he used on-line banking facilities. "oh no" he replied "that's far too risky" and went on to explain how a particular on-line incident had sworn him off this for good.

So it occurred to me that there are probably many people out there who prefer not to buy online but would still appreciate being able to get hold of relaxation and hypnosis CDs and DVDs by post. With this in mind I will be adding some information on the the www.gift4life.co.uk web site about ordering products by post, paying by cheque, credit/debit card and even postal order.

The site redesign is not finished yet but I'll be making changes to it over the next week or so. There will be some free resources as well as downloadable order forms to make life easy for those who prefer not give their card details over the internet.

IMPORTANT The www.gift4life.com site is a secure site powered by the industry leading software Actinic with all the payments handled by the UK based card processor Nochex. I have every faith in the security and integrity of the process.

The new site is simply a recognition that for some people, buying on-line will always be something they do not wish to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment