Thursday 26 March 2009

Cheek chewing: a testimonial for hypnosis CD

A while back I created a hypnosis audio programme to deal with tongue and cheek chewing. It's an unusual topic area but I had come across a couple of clients with very similar needs and so created the program.

I recently sent out the CD to a lady who has been chewing the sides of her cheek for years and go the most amazing testimonial back; here is what she said.

I've been chewing my cheeks as long as I remember; I don't know why I started but I tend to chew when I'm stressed or bored, or on a long car journey. Most of the time I don't even realise I'm doing it till I draw blood, and then regret it and promise not to do it again ... till the next time.

I used one of the Gift4Life hypnotherapy CDs; this was one specially for people who chew their cheeks or tongue. I listened to the CD every night at bedtime for two weeks and to be honest I was a little bit cynical about it and didn't think it would help. However, over the course of that fortnight I noticed I was chewing my cheek less and less - and when I did do it I realised and stopped really quickly. By the end of the two weeks I'd almost stopped completely - I did catch myself doing it at a moment of great stress, so I listened to the CD again a few times and now I don't do it at all.

The CD itself was very relaxing, and quite unlike any other hypnosis CD I've heard in the past. John Burns' voice is very restful and as he invited me to visualised myself surrounded by colour I drifted away ... I can't actually remember much of what else was said, but whatever it was it obviously worked!

It's really changed my life - it might not sound like a big deal but when you chew your cheeks regularly it hurts, and you tend to leave rough bits of skin, which you then chew ... so it carries on. Having smooth, pain-free cheeks has really cheered me up and made me feel much better overall.

Alison Neale, Oxfordshire
That's hypnosis that works and it can work for you too.
You can download the program as an MP3 or buy the CD by going to my web site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment