Monday 2 February 2009

Snow and how it makes you feel


Here in the UK snow is something of a rarity except in the north or over high ground. But this morning snow is falling in London, buses are not running and in my home town there is light dusting of snow with more promised later today.

The adult in me is concerned; travel arrangements will have to be changed, people will struggle to get to work and economic activity will be hit.

But the kid in me is secretly delighted! Nothing looks more wonderful than a landscape draped in pristine, shining white snow. Even sounds are damped so that the world sounds different. The kid in me is waiting for the big flakes to fall so that we can build a snow man.

I know that the snow will cause all kinds of problems but just for today I'm going to celebrate that child like joy again that only a snowfall can bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment