Monday 15 November 2010

I have a confession to make...

Over the last few years I have bought many books related to self-help, hypnosis, psychology and similar topics.

One of those books is the Power of Now  by Echhart Tolle; he is variously described as a sage, a guru and a spiritual teacher.




The book gets rave reviews, that Queen of American TV, Oprah Winfrey rates it.

But the truth is that I struggled to read it, I found the format hard to digest, in the end an irritation with seeming 'worthiness' meant that I stopped at page 61.

However perhaps I should have another go. In the Daily Mail newspaper today they report how daydreaming  makes us miserable and how being more in the moment increases our happiness.

Perhaps it's time to have another look at the The Power Of Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment