Thursday 11 November 2010

Goodbye O2, coprorate sponsors of vile child killing videos

Today I say goodbye to O2 as my provider of mobile phones.

Why?

Because they sponsored the 10:10 organisation that sees the use of carbon as something to be avoided at all costs.

Their (10:10) now infamous "No Pressure" mini movie (written by Richard Curtis) that showed people being blown apart if they did not fall in line with 10:10 carbon reduction ideas, was for me, the last straw.

I wrote to O2 to ask why they were continuing to sponsor 10:10 when they put out this sordid piece of propaganda. O2 said they did not have editorial control over what 10:10 did but that the company aims were broadly aligned with 10:10.

To me that makes O2 complicit in a media campaign that promotes the taking of human life if you don't sign up to the 10:10 agenda.

The only logical response to that is to vote with your cheque book and use a different company, so I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment