Saturday 19 September 2009

Search engines...the rise of Bing

Love them or be exasperated by them, search engines guide many of us through the search for information in this life.

At the moment Google is still my first choice although Yahoo seems to do a good job if you are hunting down people or a specific person. (I'm not sure hunting was the best verb there but never mind.)

However the kid on the block is of course Bing and I'll admit that up until now I have pretty much ignored it as a tool.

Perhaps I should pay more attention though as it has now overtaken both AOL and Yahoo for the number of visitors it brings to my web sites.

Google is still the big guy but Bing has moved from nowhere to around 6% of enquiries (Google is still around 80%).

Something to keep an eye on.

No comments:

Post a Comment