Saturday 25 July 2009

Seduced.....and disappointed


I recently acquired a new Blackberry 9000 for work purposes. Initially I was seduced by all its geekiness. It's got push email, a camera that takes video and still pictures, it can use WiFi, it's GPS enabled so you can see where you are, it's 3G download capable and it hooks up to the Bluetooth hands free in the car, the screen looks fantastic. It has everything that your inner geek could need.

But.....I'm coming to the conclusion that actually it's a bit rubbish. Why?

Well all that techno nerdy stuff sucks the life out of the battery in less than a working day, frankly that's crap.

I have resorted to turning off the WifI and Bluetooth connections in a vain attempt to extend the battery but the effect is marginal at best. Not only that but the GPS seems very sulky indeed and says it cannot see any satellites and asks me to go somewhere with 'open sky' , even if I'm stood in a field!

Maybe I just have a clunker, perhaps I'm being unfair but none of the nerdy stuff means anything if the bloody battery is flat.

Until this techno beast arrived I was on an old data only Blackberry and a mobile phone. Charged up, the that combination would be good to work for at least two days, sometimes three with light use.

It seems we have gone backwards. It's just a bit shit really.

No comments:

Post a Comment