Tuesday 21 July 2009

Car accidents and terminal stupidity

I had a car accident in June. I was stationery, got biffed from behind by a huge Nissan 4x4, who didn't stop.

Not too much damage so I go about my business for the day, report it to the claims handling agent at the insurance broker, stop by the police station and let them know as well.

I had spotted the registration plate for the other vehicle as it drove away; it didn't stop.

Did the police prosecute?No, I don't know why, I thought not stopping after an accident was a criminal offence but it seems not.

The car was repaired (huge variation for prices on this, if you have the same problem get at least three quotes) and is now looking good.

Except............

It turns out that even though I emailed the worlds most comprehensive accident report to the claims broker......they didn't action it. They have no record of it....the chap I spoke to is on a different team and he is away sick at the moment (or some other bollocks).

So instead I have to go through the same shit all over again with a girl whose IQ seems to be in single digits.

"Can I send you the pre-prepared document by email" I say?
"That would be no good I don't have a file to put it in" she replied.

Well bloody well make one is what I thinking but I doubt this girl would last five minutes if she went "off script" and so I'm stuck wasting another 30 minutes of my life telling her what happened, to cover for the stupidity and lack of intelligence of the claims company operative.

Massively annoyed and pissed off by the whole bloody system.

What a fucking shambles.

No comments:

Post a Comment