Thursday 22 November 2012

Is it time?

Is it time to make that change?


You know; that one that you have been thinking about, on and off for a while.

The change that has seemed just a bit too disruptive; difficult, maybe even painful, until now.

So when is NOW the right time to finally do what you really want?

Life, as far as I know, is not unlimited. An average man in Britain might live to be 74 years old, a woman maybe 80.

Maybe a little longer, maybe a lot shorter; who can tell?

I am approaching the point where I will have been alive for 50 years. By the law of averages that means possibly two thirds of my life have been spent. So I ask myself questions.

What have I done?

What have I done well?

What have I done badly?

Who did I help?

Who did I inspire?

Who have I loved?

As I ask myself these questions, I feel the same sense of curiosity and wonderment about life that I did at age 8.  

I ask myself the question; how will I do things better, how will I care more (for me as well as others), how will I achieve more?

In a sense it is the ego driven quest for immortality, the desire to know that somehow we will live on even when our body is crumbled to dust. But as motivators go it's a useful one for me.

Now, what about YOU?


No comments:

Post a Comment