Wednesday 5 September 2012

What will you do when you reach 30 or 40 or 50

I remember very well when I was 18 years old being utterly incapable of imagining what I would be like when I reached the age of 30.

I think like many 18 year olds I thought life would be almost over by the time I reached that milestone. All I knew was that I wanted to be a millionaire by then and 12 years seemed like more than enough time to make that happen.

In spite of my best efforts, I was not a millionaire by 30 (nor even now) but my life was very different to that lived by my naïve 18 year old self.

We tend to use these decade marker years as times for reflection and a life assessment. But why wait?

As I approach the 50 marker I'm getting the life appraisal in early. What have I done well? What have I achieved or given? What do I still wish to do?

If you are 28 (or 38) what did you say you would do by the time you were 30 (or 40)? Has it happened? Will it happen?

Get your decade based life appraisal in early and make some fundamental, positive shifts in your life now.

Why wait? Take action today and start doing what you said you would have done.

Have fun with it and shake up others people's perceptions of who you are too.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment