Thursday 8 March 2012

Look to the phases of the moon

I am really not into the idea of horoscopes. The idea the somehow you divide the entire population into 12 and then decide based on when in the year they were born what will happen to them on any given day seems just a bit far fetched. But...

I used to work for a boss who was convinced that new product launches should happen on the correct phase of the moon. I don't recall if he said new moon or full moon but I was reminded of this when talking with a colleague a few days ago.

Yesterday (7th March 2012) was a full moon (also the Jewish festival of Purim) and yesterday Apple Corporation launched its new generation iPad.

Now it could just be a coincidence; chance, except I don't think Apple leave much to chance.So I'm nudged towards concluding that Apple at least think that if a product launch can be aligned with a full moon, well why not?

Pay attention to the phases of the moon, you may think they have little meaning but some people do and so events will tend to coincide with them.

Watch for the lunacy out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment