Friday 7 August 2009

Gift4life.com Web shop & Actinic

My own e-commerce web shop (www.gift4life.com)was set up for me using Actinic 8 software. It handles everything from didgital downloads to shipping costs.

It's not perfect though, or possibly I have been doing something wrong. I was first alerted to this by a lady from Switzerland who wanted to buy an MP3 hypnosis track but found that the web shop added £10 for post and packing! Not surprisingly she decided not to buy but thankfully she did let me know.

The digital download parts of Actnic seem to work well but I'm not sure how fully integrated it is with the rest of the sytem. There is a system setting tick-box to say don't apply shipping to MP3, this was ticked. So far so good, however I had not defined a shipping zone that included Switzerland, it therefore dropped into a default 'rest of world' class with a default shipping charge of £10. This is potty, this seems to take precidence over the global don't charge shipping setting!

I resolved the issue put putting every single country into a zone even if that zone was 'rest of world'. It feels like a messy work around but it seemed to fix the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment