Saturday 13 June 2009

Day 3 of the 'no news' experiment

This is getting harder.

Last night I wanted to watch "Have I got news for you?" on the telly.

My wife said "But it's news, you said you wouldn't watch the news".

My response? "It's comedy, I'm watching!".

It is getting difficult to avoid mainstream news though. It just goes to show how pervasive the news media is and just how 'plugged in' I have become.

I have however successfully avoided the main TV news on any channel, the Today program and PM on Radio 4. Web sites are a challenge as there is almost always a news snippet on the from page of Yahoo and iGoogle. It is so easy to get sucked in to the agenda of the day.

Am I feeling any different? Not much change so far but it is still very early days.

No comments:

Post a Comment